Zenoss Launches Network Management Products for Education
Zenoss announced the launch of Zenoss Enterprise Edition for Educational institutions. Through this program Zenoss is providing the state-of-the-art Open Source IT Management solution for today's educational environments. With the Zenoss Enterprise Edition educational institutions can meet the demanding management requirements of their IT infrastructure while taking full advantage of the cost efficiencies of commercial open source.
Zenoss Enterprise Edition for EDU provides several packages to meet the needs of educational organizations of all sizes and delivers the full power of our Enterprise Edition along with access to the world-class Zenoss Support/Engineering team.
“Zenoss understands that educational facilities have different support and budgetary considerations from corporations but still have the complex infrastructure that needs systems management,” said Tim Galligan, Zenoss VP of Worldwide Sales and Client Services. “The goal of the Zenoss Enterprise Edition for EDU is to bring appropriately packaged products to academia that manage even the most demanding IT environments.”
The Zenoss Enterprise Edition for EDU offers the following features:
• Comprehensive IT Monitoring – Zenoss monitors your entire network at the application, server, and network levels via SNMP, XML-RPC, or Windows Management Interface (WMI)
• Predictive Threshold Trending - Static and dynamic thresholding capabilities for service level agreements
• Role Based Access Control Levels - Management of permissions to create varying levels of access to different parts of the Zenoss system on a per-user basis
• Certified Application Monitors - Turnkey, best-practices application monitoring templates for Microsoft Active Directory and IIS, MySQL, Oracle, and many more
• Report Library - Advanced reports that provide key insights and save valuable time for IT manager
• Certified Integrations - Zenoss Enterprise for EDU is designed for easy customization and integration with other applications in your environment. Zenoss Enterprise for EDU delivers the following third party integrations: RANCID (Cisco router configuration and change tracking), Remedy (trouble-ticketing), LDAP (authentication)
• Certified Builds - Zenoss Enterprise Edition includes a tested and supported version of Zenoss’ open source IT monitoring solution