Open-Source HR Management System 2.2.2 Released
OrangeHRM, a leading provider of open-source HR Management solution for small and medium sized enterprises worldwide, has announced the launch of version 2.2.2 of their human resource information system (HRIS). Enhancements of the Time and Attendance and Leave modules, according to the feedback, received from user community side, were the main focus of the release.
“Through the constant communication with our users, we are shaping the growth of OrangeHRM in a best way that satisfies their requirements”, said Sujee Saparamadu, CEO of OrangeHRM Inc. “Great attention has been given to prioritizing, selection and implementation of the new features, as we are trying to keep the balance between satisfaction of individual needs and application of broad perspective, to ensure that the product is scalable enough, as it is being used by organizations from multiple market verticals on all 6 continents”
Features in the new application include
• Employee attendance tracking
- Punch in/out time allows employees to enter the time of arrival to and departure from the workplace
- Easy and hassle free attendance tracking by incorporating the punch in/out times into employee timesheets
• Enhanced timesheets
- Administrator’s ability to define the start of the working week for the timesheets adds on the flexibility for the system
- The detailed timesheet view ensures the easy access to all the timesheet information within a single button click
- Filtering by certain criteria, preview and printing of the timesheets
• Project management
- The new role of Project administrator has been introduced, granting project administrators with the privileges to define and modify their project activities and monitor project reports
- The project reports for the certain time period display the functionality
- By specifying the project and the relevant activities, employees can register and track the working time. The project and employee reports appear to be a handy tool for the project administrators, who can now manage the allocation of the tasks and time, in regards with the past performance and occupancy of the employees.
• Hourly based leave
The leave management module has been re-engineered to provide more precise management of employee leave related operations in hours (the previous versions of the system allow day/half-day scaling).
Administrators of the system can define working shifts, specifying the number of working hours per day assigning employees who are working according to this work shift.
The latest version of OrangeHRM is available free of charge under GNU GPL open source license. The immediate download, as well as the demo version of the application can be found on www.orangehrm.com.
OrangeHRM version 2.2.2 marks the seventh major stable release of the human capital management software since February 2006. Within one and a half years the application has received more than 80,000 cumulative downloads from SourceForge.net – the repository of Open Source projects.
For more information please visit www.orangehrm.com