EnGarde Secure Linux 3.0.14 Released
Guardian Digital is proud to announce the release of EnGarde Secure Linux 3.0.14 on 5/8/2007. A fully functional secure Linux platform distribution, this release features a vastly improved intrusion detection Attack Monitor.
EnGarde Secure Community 3.0.14 Released
Guardian Digital is happy to announce the release of EnGarde Secure Community 3.0.14 (Version 3.0, Release 14). Haven't tried out EnGarde recently? This release includes many updated packages and bug fixes, some great new feature enhancements to the Guardian Digital WebTool and the EnGarde Secure Linux Installer, as well as a completely overhauled Network Intrusion Detection Interface.
EnGarde Secure Community is a fully functional secure distribution of Linux, engineered from the ground-up to provide organizations with the level of security required to create a corporate Web presence or even conduct e-business on the Web. It can be used as a Web, DNS, e-mail, database, e-commerce, and general Internet server where security is a primary concern.
New features include:
* Major feature enhancements to Network Intrusion Detection System. The Attack Monitor now shows much greater detail on each attack (including links to packet dumps and CVE information) and refreshes automatically using AJAX. Also, the graphs are now much easier to read and are generated faster.
* There is now a link to the Network Attack Monitor directly from the main WebTool Auditing menu. This makes monitoring the Network IDS much easier.
* There were several improvements made to the hardware detection subsystem of einstall, the EnGarde Secure Linux Installer, which makes installing on newer hardware more reliable.
* Several new packages such as gopher (#0000145), libmcrypt (#0000148), lua (5.1.2), openvpn (2.0.9), perl-Crypt-Cracklib (1.1), and perl-IO-Zlib (#0000147).
* The latest stable versions of asterisk (1.4.4), bacula (2.0.3), bind (9.4.1), and much, much more.
* Several bug fixes in this release as well.
All new users downloading EnGarde Secure Linux for the first time or users who use the LiveCD environment should download this release.
Users who are currently using EnGarde Secure Linux do not need to download this release -- they can update their machines via the Guardian Digital Secure Network WebTool module.
New users are encouraged to explore our community forum and wiki:
# EnGarde Secure Linux Homepage
# EnGarde Secure Linux Community Forum
# EnGarde Secure Linux Wiki
# EnGarde Secure Linux Bug Tracking System